RONGOĀ MĀORI SERVICE
Huria Trust Rongoā Māori service offers a holistic approach to healing based on recognising the needs and well-being of an individual and supporting them with improving their health. The service is koha-based and confidential to anyone who wishes to register with us. Although Huria Trust has a focus specific to Māori, non-Māori are also welcome.
Huria Trust are able to offer Rongoā in the form of mirimiri (massage) and whakawhitinga kōrero (discussion/advice). Our Kaiāwhina is a knowledgeable certified practitioner and is able to offer a range of therapies that are listed below. These therapies seek to enable individuals to gain relief and healing within their tinana, hinengaro, wairua and whānau.
- He Mirimiri Kōhatu Wera – Hot Stone Massage
- He Rerenga Toto – Vacuum Cupping
- He Mirimiri-a-ūpoko – Scalp Massaging
- He Puna wai Raparapa-a-Kawakawa – Kawakawa Foot Bath
- He Mirimiri Whakatā – Relaxation Massage
- He Mirimiri Hinu-a-Putiputi – Essential Oils Massage
- He Mirimiri-a-Ringaringa – Hand & Arm Massage
Upon your very first appointment, a consultation will occur whereby the practitioner will discuss with you a care plan which will identify the most appropriate treatment for you.
Referrals to other health professionals, including other Huria Trust services are accessible through this service.
Consultation and treatment occurs on site at Huria Trust in the Whare Manaaki (building at rear).
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Tuesday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Wednesday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Thursday: 1.00pm – 6.30pm
- Friday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Online bookings can be made here: https://huriatrust.setmore.com/